|Gaspee Days CommitteeHistory Files|
Located on scenic Narragansett Boulevard in Cranston, the Stillhouse Cove slate marker commemorates the site where the crew of the Gaspee were set ashore after the 'capture' of their ship on the night of June 9th, 1772. The large boulder on which the plaque rests was donated by M. A. Gammino Construction in 1972. The RI Yacht Club can be seen across the cove.
CRANSTON * RHODE ISLAND
SITE WHERE LT. WILLIAM DUDINGSTON
COMMANDER OF THE BRITISH SCHOONER
"GASPEE" WAS BROUGHT ASHORE
WOUNDED ON THE NIGHT OF
JUNE 10, 1772, AFTER THE BURNING
OF THE "GASPEE"
|Back to Gaspee Days Committee History files|